support for parents of autistic children

a forum where parents of autistic children can let off steam and support each other

You are not connected. Please login or register

What does studying mean to me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What does studying mean to me? on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:52 am

Admin

Admin
Hi everyone
I am studying DD131 with the ou and I am finding it helpful to be able to throw myself in to my study it is something I am doing for me as a carer I think it is so important to take time out for yourself. It helps to relieve my stress as I have to focus my attention on my work and it helps me to switch off from my problems.
sue

View user profile http://autism.forum-motion.com

2 Re: What does studying mean to me? on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi

Learning is what keeps me sane (or at least a semblance of it) and it gives me hope that I'll one day be able to support my family free from state benefits. I recently completed the OU's DD101 (Introduction to the Social Sciences) and have signed up to their DD201. I suffer from the 'learning bug', which I contracted at my local learning centre almost 15 years ago and have gradually worked my way up through part-time college courses that have fitted with my domestic and caring responsibilities. This culminated in an Access to Higher Education course after which I found the OU was my only realistic route to gaining a degree. Very Happy

View user profile

3 Re: What does studying mean to me? on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Admin

Admin
Hi Gwen
Its nice to meet you. You are the first person to post a message on my forum hopefully more people will follow shortly.
sue

View user profile http://autism.forum-motion.com

4 Re: What does studying mean to me? on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Gwen, you took the words out my mouth. Doing all this learning with the OU is what keeps me sane. I have been at the OU a few years now and quite honestly think I am going to be the eternal student(although I have future plans to work that depends on my children's needs as one might be at home all his life)

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum